We are so excited for your desire to apply to our Student Leadership Program!
STEP ONE: Complete and Sign Student Leader Application
- Fill out the Student Leader Application then email to the staff or team leader for your school
- Review and sign the Student Leader Contract then email to the staff or team leader
- Review the Student Leader Responsibilities Breakdown
- Make sure your parent has read the same information and signs the application with you
STEP TWO: Schedule Interview with Staff or Team Leader
- It is your responsibility to schedule your interview!
- Have your interview scheduled and application and additional paperwork in no later than August 28th.
To Schedule an interview: Send an email or text to your staff person at your school or where you would like to be a Student Leader requesting an interview time.
STOP! Before continuing on to the steps below, you must wait until you are officially accepted into the student leadership program. Once your staff or team leader has notified you of acceptance, you may move on to STEP 3.
STEP THREE: Fill out Area Leadership Google Form
Complete the form HERE
STEP FOUR: WYLDLIFE LEADERS ONLY
- After submitting Area Leadership Google Form, you will receive an email in a couple days from Young Life regarding a background check and driver questionnaire. These must be completed before you can jump in with kids.
- Boot Camp – Watch Volunteer Training 101 Videos and Read Training Manual
- Week 1: You will receive an email invitation to Right Now Media (YL Access) that consists of a 4 part video training. This course is NOT meant to be finished in one sitting. Take your time to complete each part and reflect on the questions. After completing a page, click “Save and Return Home.” You can always return to this course and resume where you left off by clicking “INBOX” under “My Profile” in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Week 2: Download the Training Manual or Save it to your home screen. Again take your time, this training course is not a race. It is set up in 4 sections so should only take you 8 days to complete if you read a section every 2 days.